We are currently in the process of completing a dashboard unification project between our Channels dashboard and Beams/Chatkit dashboard. You may have already seen some changes!
Currently we have a known issue where, if you have signed up for one of our dashboards with your Google or Github account, you cannot sign up for the other dashboard with the same account without following a few steps.
If you already have already registered your Google or Github account with our Channels dashboard at https://dashboard.pusher.com and then try and register or sign in with the same account at https://dash.pusher.com for Beams/Chatkit you will see the following error message:
Trying to register the account will present the following error message:
At this stage you need to take the following action:
1) Navigate to https://dash.pusher.com/authenticate/reset-password
2) Enter your Google or Github email address and click "Reset your password":
3) Wait for the password reset email to be delivered to your inbox and click the "Reset Password" button in the email
4) Enter and confirm your new password and click "Change Password":
5) On the sign in page sign in with your email address and new password:
6) While logged into the Beams/Chatkit dashboard click Account in the top right and click "Settings" in the dropdown:
7) Under OAUTH Providers select either "Connect Google account" or "Connect GitHub account" to link the relevant account. Follow the login workflow of the selected provider:
8) You should now see that your account has been linked:
9) In future you will be able to log into the dashboard with your Google or Github account